Meet the Doctors
Meet Michael Radu, DDS, MS
Dr. Michael Radu believes dentistry is more of a science that can be taught, rather than an art one has to have a knack for. For that reason he not only stays up to date on his own continuing education, but is an instructor himself. In the Boca Institute for Dental Education, other professionals receive certification from Dr. Radu’s many workshops. He’s also an adjunct professor at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale.
In Dr. Radu’s own words, “We are here to help our patients achieve their oral health objectives for now, and for the rest of their lives.” Dr. Radu hopes to build a lasting doctor/patient relationship with you so he can care for your teeth for the long term.
He believes that the best way to overcome any fears a person may experience about going to the dentist, is to take the time to explain every aspect of the dental care. That way, the patient can alleviate any fear of the unknown, fear of pain, or even fear of having to spend money unnecessarily.
- 1979 – Dental School of Bucharest, Romania
- 1979 -1983 Residency, General Dentistry, Dental School of Bucharest, Romania, including research and teaching
- 1984 – Received German Dental License
- 1988 – Received License in Florida
- 2000 – Master of Science (Biomechanical Trauma), Lynn University, Boca Raton, Florida
- Summa Cum Laude, Dental School of Bucharest, Romania
- Valedictorian, Dental School of Bucharest, Romania
- Hundreds of hours of continuing education, including from master educators
- Fluent in German, Spanish, French and Romanian
- American Dental Association
- German Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Equilibration Society
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine
- Procter & Gamble dental division of Oral Care, to develop and promote oral home care products; speaker for the company
Teaching and Lectures
- 1999 – present – Adjunct clinical assistant professor, Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, College of Dental Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Teaching occlusion, TMJ, and esthetic dentistry
- 1980 – present – Dozens of lectures and presentations nationally and internationally, including published articles on the subjects of aesthetic and reconstructive dentistry, with emphasis on treatment planning, implants, occlusion, and the temporo-mandibular-joint
- He has lectured for groups ranging from dental societies and study clubs to Fortune 500 companies and dental industry manufacturers
- Founder and Faculty, Boca Institute for Dental Education
Years in Practice
- 1984-1989 AOK Dental Clinic, Düsseldorf, Germany
- 1989 – 1992 – Associate doctor, Coral Springs, Florida group
- 1992 – present – Boca Raton, Florida dental practice
- Diverse practicing and teaching experience covering more than three decades and three countries
Meet Daniel Radu, DMD
Dr. Daniel Radu graduated from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston, with an incredible education from renowned professors. His time at school allowed for extensive hands-on experience with the newest in modern technologies in the dental field, including CAD/CAM crowns and implant restorative procedures.
His dream to become a dentist and continue in his fathers’ footsteps pushed him to graduate with a B.S. Degree from the University of Miami in 3 years, and continue directly after to Tufts for his D.M.D. degree. His determination and motivation to become a dentist stemmed from his belief that patients should be able to fully trust their dentist, and never feel confused or misunderstood during their visits. For this reason, he seeks to build a clear picture for the patient, and takes the time to go through a thorough exam, where the patient is not only listened to, but also brought into the treatment planning process themselves.
He feels patients should be educated as to their problems, as well as the options to solve these problems, so that they may make a well-informed decision, based not only on their desires, but also on the knowledge from their dentist.
- 2011 – Graduated with Bachelor of Science from University of Miami
- 2015 – Graduated with D.M.D. degree from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- Teaching Assistant to Fixed Prosthodontics Course 2014-15
- Hands-on training with CAD/CAM technology
Working hand-in-hand with on-site laboratory
- Treatment Planning – A Simplified Approach, Boca Raton, July 22, 2012
- Simplified Occlusion for the Practicing Dentist, Boca Raton, November 15, 2013
- American Equilibration Society and Midwinter meetings – Chicago, 2015, 2016
- Implant Educators course – Fort Lauderdale, August 14-15, 2015
- Implant Educators – 3D Printing of Surgical Guides for Implant Placement – March 19, 2016
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) – March 28, 2016
- Frank Spear – Demystifying Occlusion – May 18-19, 2016
- Frank Spear – Treating The Worn Dentition – April 5-6, 2018
- American Dental Association and Florida Dental Association
- Boca Institute for Dental Education
Knowledge of Foreign Languages
- Fluent in German, Spanish, and Romanian
To make an appointment, call (561) 220-0454 or click here to request an appointment online.